WITH JACOBSEN KOSHER SALT AND MUSTARD HANDMADE BY OUR FRIENDS AT MUSTARD AND CO.
We're feeling the sunshine here in Portland! Our chef, Andrew Mace, prepared for us a cool and tangy German potato salad. A classic improved with a few of our products. Recipe below, try it! We'd love feedback and images.
- 5lbs German Butterball, Yukon Gold or any other yellow-fleshed buttery potatoes (washed)
- Aromatics: 1 bay leaf, 3 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 white onion small (diced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch fresh dill (picked and roughly chopped)
- 6oz cooked bacon or any smoked pork pieces (roughly chopped)
- 1 6oz jar Mustard & Co. Honey mustard
- ¼ cup Jacobsen Pure Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Jacobsen ground black Tellicherry peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway
- 1 teaspoon ground celery seed
- ½ cup mayonnaise or sour cream
Put 5lbs clean potatoes in large stockpot and fill with cold water until potatoes are covered with 2 inches water. Add 3 Tablespoons kosher salt and aromatics. Place on stove on med-high heat. Bring water to a boil, turn heat off, replace the lid, and leave the pot on the stove to cool gradually for 10-15 minutes. Remove potatoes from water and let cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Combine remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl and taste for seasoning. Add more salt, pepper, or vinegar if you prefer.