Grilled Beef (Flank Steak) with Asparagus, Potatoes, Spring Onions and Jacobsen White Truffle Salt
Infused with Italian white truffle and white truffle tincture, our decadent White Truffle Salt adds the unique and powerful flavor of truffle to all manner of dishes - including this one. Seared or grilled beef combined with White Truffle - a match made in heaven. You can use flank steak, tenderloin, rib eye, or similar cuts of premium beef.
Serves 4 to 6.
INGREDIENTS FOR STEAK:
1ea 2# flank steak, or tenderloin, or skirt steak
1⁄4 c grapeseed oil
1 tsp Jacobsen Pure Kosher Sea Salt
Jacobsen White Truffle Salt for finishing
DIRECTIONS FOR STEAK:
- Rub the steak with the grapeseed oil and season with Jacobsen Pure Kosher Sea Salt.
- Preheat the grill on high and let the steak come up to room temperature.
- Grill the steak on high for about 6 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let the steak rest.
INGREDIENTS FOR SPRING SALAD:
1⁄4 c quality olive oil - dressing
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar - dressing
1 Tbsp Bee Local Honey - dressing
1 tsp Dijon mustard - dressing
4 spring onions
1lb new potatoes, boiled in salted water and cooled to room temp
1 bunch basil
DIRECTIONS FOR SPRING SALAD:
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Wash and trim the asparagus. Peel the bottom half of the skin off if the stalks are large. Toss with about 2 Tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp Jacobsen Pure Kosher Sea Salt. Grill gently until just tender, about 3 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Thinly slice the spring onions.
- Toss the asparagus, onions, and boiled potatoes together with the dressing.
- Slice the steak against the grain and finish with Jacobsen White Truffle Salt.
- Finish the salad with a generous garnish of torn basil.