Pork Shoulder Bo Ssam with Jacobsen Cherrywood Smoked Salt
Our Cherrywood Smoked Salt's delicate smoky notes are perfect with cured or grilled salmon, simple green salads, peaches with creme fraiche, or all manner pulled pork - like this Korean-inspired version.
3# pork shoulder
- 6 oz Jacobsen Cherrywood Smoked Salt
- 2Tbsp coriander, ground
- 2Tbsp Korean Chili flake
- 3Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2Tbsp Paprika
- 2tsp white pepper, ground
- 2tsp star anise, ground
- 1Tsp fennel seed, ground
- 2tsp onion powder
- 1Tbsp mustard powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1Tbsp ginger powder
1 can of light beer - like Sixpoint Brewery Gose
1Tbsp Jacobsen Sourced Black Peppercorn
1 head of garlic split crosswise
1 onion, diced
3 heads butter lettuce or romaine
1 bunch cilantro, picked
1 bunch mint, picked and torn
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 jar of favorite pickles
Asian and American condiments of your choice - sriracha, kimchi, Bee Local Smoked Honey Sauce, Bee Local Hot Honey
- Combine the ingredients for the dry rub and rub all over the pork shoulder. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight if possible.
- Place the shoulder in a large roasting pan with the beer, black peppercorns, garlic, and onion.
- Cover and roast at 275 F degrees for 6-8 hours until meat pulls apart easily.**
- Uncover and raise oven temperature to 375 F for about 20-30 minutes until a nice crust forms on the outside of the pork. Let it rest for 45 minutes to an hour.
** This can also be done in a crockpot.
Pull apart the pork and serve on leaves of butter lettuce with pickles, herbs, and condiments of your choice - sriracha, kimchi, Bee Local Smoked Honey Sauce, Bee Local Hot Honey