Double Dipped Buttermilk Fried Chicken w/ Bee Local Hot Honey
This is a Jacobsen Freestyle Recipe. We less concerned with the amounts and more concerned with the delicious results. Have fun with it!
1 - 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
1 qt buttermilk
1 Package AP flour
High heat frying oil
- Combine chicken, buttermilk, a few tablespoons of sriracha, and a bit of chopped dill in a Le Creuset casserole dish and let marinate for 12-24 hours
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and let sit out on the counter for at least an hour before cooking
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Add fryer oil to a large le creuset dutch oven so that the oil is several inches deep, but DOES NOT fill the dutch oven more than half way. Begin to heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add flour to another Le Creuset casserole dish and season the flour with Jacobsen infused salt of your choice - Garlic Salt, Black Garlic Salt, Sweet Onion Salt, Black Pepper Salt
- When the oil is hot, test by throwing in some flour to see if it will sizzle.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with paper towels and then placing a baking rack on top - this is where the cooked chicken with go. Keep this baking sheet and rack setup in the oven.
- Utilize the double dip technique to fry the chicken: Dip the chicken in the flour, coat evenly, pat off excess, place back in the buttermilk marinade, then dip back into the flour, pat off the excess, then gently place the chicken in the oil (laying the chicken away from you and not just plopping it in, as that may burn you)
- Only add 4-5 piece of chicken to the pot at a time so that the oil does not drop in temperature too much
- Cook the chicken, stirring and flipping the pieces during the cooking process, until they are golden brown
- Remove from the oil, onto paper towel lined baking sheet, immediately season with Jacobsen Salt of your choice - flake sea salt or infused sea salt - then transfer to baking sheet and baking rack in the oven.
- Repeat with the next batch of chicken until done.
- To serve, drizzle copious amounts of Bee Local Hot Honey on the chicken and eat with abandon.