-The Jacobsen Family
|VIEW RECIPES||SHOP PRODUCTS|
WELCOME TO THE NEW YEAR
Refresh yourself and your pantry and make this your best food year yet.
Great meals start with great ingredients, so use this time to restock all your pantry staples - from extra virgin olive oil and organic vinegars, to hand-harvested Jacobsen sea salts and single origin, raw Bee Local honeys. Jacobsen Salt Co. + Bee Local Honey will help you cook, eat and live well everyday.
Check out the simple recipes below, and click on products to purchase and restock your pantry.
Use discount code: NEWYEAR to get 20% off purchases $30 or more. *Discount period ends 1/15
1 Small bunch golden beets, tops trimmed and rinsed
1 Small bunch red beets, tops trimmed and rinsed
1 Cup Greek (thick) yogurt
2 Bunches arugula
1 Container burrata
Good Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place unpeeled golden and red beets in casserole dish, with a 1/4cup of water, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and cook in oven for about 1hr. Let beets cool and then peel.
- In food processor, blend red beets with yogurt, and season with Pure Kosher Sea Salt and lemon to taste
- Take the golden beets and slice them into wedges
- To serve, place a very large dollop(s) of the yogurt/beet mixture on the serving platter and use the back of a spoon to spread in an even layer on the platter.
- Place the golden beets and arugula in a mixing bowl, drizzle with good olive oil, a strong squeeze of citrus, and a generous drizzle of Bee Local honey. Then mix and place on the platter atop the beet-yogurt sauce.
- Then tear the burrata and place evenly in and around the platter.
- Season with Pure Flake Finishing Salt, another drizzle of good olive oil, and serve.
5ea farm eggs
1ea large yukon gold potato, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
1ea large bunch kale, chopped into 1 inch strips
1ea shallot, finely chopped
2ea clove garlic, sliced thin
2tbsp grapeseed oil (or other high heat oil)
Good olive oil
1ea green onion sliced thin on the bias
1/4 cup ricotta
- Turn the over to 375F
- Heat a medium to large, well-seasoned cast iron pan over medium-high heat
- When the pan is really hot, add the grapeseed oil and tilt to coat the pan evenly. Then add the potato and quickly toss to coat the potatoes.
- Season with Jacobsen Garlic Salt, then let sit without stirring until one side of potatoes are golden brown.
- Toss the potatoes, then add the butter, shallot and garlic, toss everything again and cook until shallots are tender
- Add the chopped kale, and toss to coat. Season again with Jacobsen Garlic Salt. Stir occasionally until the kale starts to wilt and get tender.
- Then add the juice of half a lemon, chili flake to your liking, and toss the mix.
- Gently crack 5ea eggs on top of the mix, being careful not to break the yolks, and positioning them evenly around the pan.
- Season each yolk with Jacobsen Flake Sea Salt and put pan in the oven.
- Remove when the whites are set and the yolks are set to your liking.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add dollops of ricotta, and serve
- EXTRA: Add hot sauce or Bee Local Hot Honey
6 ounces of Almond Milk
1/2 Pear (bosc, comice or anjou)
1/4 tsp of Mint (minced)
40 grams Spinach
Place all ingredients in blender and blend! Pour into your favorite glass and drink!
Crusty loaf of French bread
Nut butter of your choice
- Toast bread
- Spread nut butter
- Add sliced banana
- Top with sea salt and healthy drizzle of honey
Hand-harvested from the cold waters off the Oregon Coast using the same methods as our renowned Pure Flake Finishing Salt, we are extremely excited to offer Pure Kosher Sea Salt - the workhorse in your modern American pantry. Our Pure Kosher Sea Salt has the same taste as our flake salt - briny with no bitter aftertaste - but is much smaller grained. Some compare it to a fleur de sel. Our Pure Kosher Sea Salt is perfect for seasoning, brining, baking, boiling, cooking, pickling, and even finishing.
Our signature Flake Finishing Salt is the product that put us on the map. Hand-harvested from the cold and pristine waters of Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast, our Flake Finishing Salt has bright salinity and a delicate crunch. Use it to finish savory and sweet dishes alike. Add to sliced steaks and roasts, sprinkle on eggs, finish grilled vegetables, top baked goods, or add to anything that strikes you. One of our favorite applications: sprinkled over warm baguette with butter and Bee Local honey.
Taken from hives located in lush Portland area farmland near Mt. Hood, this honey is exquisite. Deep blue and blackberry notes with lovely rich finish. Plenty of structure makes this honey an instant classic for sweet or savory applications.
Harvested from hives located in the northern portion of Oregon's most fertile valley surrounded by vineyards, hops, and berry farms; this honey is robust yet complex. It captures the magic of the Willamette Valley.
Use code NEWYEAR to get 20% off purchases $30 or more. *Discount period ends 1/15