Fruit and fire is a winning combination. When grilled, fruit begins to caramelize, bringing out intense juicy flavors. Trust us, it's next-level delicious. Squeeze in some extra grill time with these three desserts that will get you outside to enjoy those end-of-summer rays!
A note about grill temperatures: we use the term medium heat to indicate a mild temperature that will not scorch the fruit or burn the natural sugars too quickly. If using a gas grill, the temperature to 325 to 375°F. If grilling over an open fire, use indirect heat or wait until you have a low flame or burning coals before adding the fruit.
GRILLED PINEAPPLE WITH CHILI LIME SALT
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch disks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or melted unsalted butter
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Infused Chili Lime Salt, to taste
Lightly brush pineapple disks with butter or olive oil. Place disks on grill over medium heat for about 2-4 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove pineapple from the grill and sprinkle with Infused Chili Lime Salt to taste. If you like your pineapple a bit sweeter, drizzle with some Jacobsen Co. Raw Honey!
GRILLED WATERMELON PIZZA WITH BASIL SALT
Makes about 3-4 "pizzas"
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1/2 inch disks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons Jacobsen Co. Raw Blackberry Honey
- A mix of fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries or other desired fruit toppings
- Fresh basil leaves
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Infused Basil Salt for sprinkling
In a small bowl, mix yogurt with the Raw Honey and set aside.
Lightly brush watermelon disks with butter or olive oil. Place disks on grill over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove watermelon from the grill and sprinkle with a pinch of basil salt. Top with yogurt, berries and basil leaves and slice into quarter wedges to serve.
GRILLED PEACHES WITH SPICED JACOBSEN CO. RAW HONEY GLAZE
- 3-4 peaches, washed, sliced in half with pits removed
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or melted unsalted butter
Spiced Honey Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Jacobsen Co. Raw Alfalfa Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine melted butter, honey and spices in a small bowl and set aside.
Brush the cut side of the peaches with olive oil or butter and grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until light grill marks appear and the peaches begin to soften. Brush the other side with oil and flip, grilling for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Remove the peaches from the grill and brush with the spiced honey glaze. Serve alone or with gelato and a sprinkle of Pure Flake Finishing Sea Salt.