By William Steuernagel of Cheese + Crack
Reflecting on 2019 has turned us into a bunch of cheeseballs. To help us celebrate, we turned to our friends at Cheese & Crack Snack Shop , along with three amazing creameries we work with, to create this edible metaphor of our sentimentality.
- 1 cup hulled pepitas
- 1 teaspoon Jacobsen Salt Co. Infused Black Garlic Salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 6 ounces Portland Creamery Goat Cheese, softened
- 2 ounces Rogue Creamery Blue Cheese, finely crumbled
- 4 ounces Tillamook Sharp White Cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup dates, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we like Franks or Crystal)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Peppercorn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl combine pepitas and salt until well mixed. Add oil and stir to coat evenly.
- Form a single layer of pepitas on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned. Stir halfway through baking.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine all ingredients except the pepitas in stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or use your muscles and manually mix with a wooden spoon or spatula).
- Form into one large ball or divided into smaller balls.
- Refrigerate for an hour or overnight in plastic wrap or a sealed container.
- Right before serving, roll ball to coat in pepitas.