Adapted from Smitten Kitchen’s Salted Caramel Brownies.
Makes one 9 x 13 pan of brownies.
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 stick unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Jacobsen Pure Kosher Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 pieces Jacobsen Salt Co. Salty Caramels, separated
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 pan with butter. Line with parchment paper and lightly coat paper with more butter.
- Take 12 of the Salty Caramels and cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Roughly chop chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter. Place the bowl over a pot of gently simmering water until the chocolate and butter are completely melted, stirring often. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar. Add the eggs one at time, whisking between each addition. Add the vanilla and salt. Finally, stir in the flour until just incorporated.
- Gently fold the chopped caramels into the batter and pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove brownies and nestle the remaining 12 Salty Caramels on top of the brownies. Bake for another 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the caramels are gooey and melted.
- Letting the brownies cool completely on a wire rack will make them easier to cut.