Nothing says “party” like bubbles and for our winter celebrations, we asked Arielle Hakain of Bar Diane for a cocktail we’d want to pour at any gathering. With the help of our friends at Smith Tea and Stone Barn Brandyworks, the 2020 Vision boasts our Jacobsen Co. Honey Syrup, plus other local flavors finished with evanescence. Easily turn this drink into a celebratory mocktail by omitting the pear brandy and subbing a sparkling pear juice.
- Cava/Cremant/Prosecco or a sparkling wine or non-alcoholic pear juice of your choosing
- ½ ounce Jacobsen Co. Honey Syrup
- ½ ounce Honeybush Tea from Smith Tea (oversteeped 1 teabag in 8 ounces of hot water for 30 minutes)
- 1 ounce brandy (we use Stone Barn Brandy)
- Small ice cube
- Thyme sprigs
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- Lemon peel
1. Once the tea has chilled, combine honey syrup, tea, brandy (omit if non-alcoholic), thyme, lemon juice and lemon peel.
2. Strain out any large particle into a pitcher, and add sparkling wine or juice.
3. Serve, sip and be merry!