At Jacobsen Salt Co. we craft top-shelf cooking ingredients, re-envision classic products and recipes, and provide unforgettable culinary experiences every day. Founded in 2011 as the first saltworks in the Pacific Northwest since Lewis and Clark, we have grown from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker and purveyor of quality pantry staples.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time Accounting Manager with a strong financial background and hands-on management experience to support our operations in Portland. This position is responsible for ensuring that all financial reporting, analysis, and best practices are conducted accurately and thoroughly. The Accounting Manager role requires an organized, detail-oriented leader who will supervise an in-house Bookkeeper and provide interdepartmental support.
Primary functions include:
- Manage financial reporting, inventory management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Assist in all day-to-day accounting functions through month-end close
- Emphasis on SKU cost accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Establish performance expectations for Bookkeeper; lead by example and provide regular and constructive feedback; schedule, train, and conduct annual personnel review for Bookkeeper
- Prepare financial statements and provide ad hoc reporting as needed
- Track and report to budgets; participate in developing an annual budget for the company alongside financial leadership team
- Perform regular period-end closing responsibilities, including but not limited to, journal entries, expense review and accruals; ensure accurate and timely monthly and year end close
- Support the organization through reviews and audits; serve as internal audit function, identifying gaps and risk areas to enhance our financial reporting and performance
- Liaise with tax team to ensure compliance and meet deadlines; execute all monthly state tax filings, including Business & Occupation tax, sales tax, 1099s, property tax returns, and assist in annual tax return preparation
- Contribute to preparation of monthly and quarterly board decks
- Manage reporting needs in accordance with debt covenants and investor requirements
- Implement best practices, controls and processes
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to evolve systems and business practices; motivate and lead teams through improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Powerpoint
- Knowledge of GAAP Compliance
- Quickbooks Enterprise experience preferred
- Familiarity with Quickbooks software integration, including Shopify and Connex a plus
- CPA Cert a plus
The ideal candidate is:
- An extremely flexible and collaborative team player; confident working independently
- Adaptable in a lean and evolving high-growth business
- An adept multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve in a positive manner
- Someone with excellent time management skills, who can maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication, including verbal and written
Essential physical functions:
- Must be able to stay in a stationary position at least 50% of the workday
- Will consistently be operating a computer
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
Typical weekly schedule:
- The Accounting Manager role is a full-time, exempt position
- Position will begin working regular office business hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30PM out of Jacobsen’s headquarters in SE Portland, Oregon, but will likely move to hybrid in-office and remote work
Salary commensurate with education, experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits and 401(k).
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all of our team members. We’re growing and looking for individuals who are passionate about our brand and working together.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Accounting Manager. The company is looking to immediately fill this position.