Assistant Warehouse Manager
At Jacobsen Salt Co. we craft top-shelf cooking ingredients, re-envision classic products and recipes, and provide unforgettable culinary experiences every day. Founded in 2011 as the first saltworks in the Pacific Northwest since Lewis and Clark, we have grown from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker and purveyor of quality pantry staples.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time (estimated 30- 40 hours/week) Assistant Warehouse Manager to support our operations and enhance our team.
Primary functions include:
- Inventory management: daily matching of physical finished goods (FG), work in progress products (WIP), and raw materials (RM)
- Manage FG production line leads: set packing and production lines
- Support creation of, and adherence to, build food safety system
- Provide consistent guidance to, and supervision of, FG Production/ Fulfillment Associates
- Train/on-board all new FG Production/Fulfillment Associates
- Work with Warehouse & Distribution Manager to develop and meet daily/weekly goals for FG Packing/Production team
- Receiving: reconciling & directing placement of deliveries
- Oversee warehouse logistics and packing/production flow management; develop and execute related special projects
- Uphold and expand on workplace safety standards alongside related departments
- Uphold and expand on workplace SSOPs alongside related departments
- Uphold all company Quality Assurance standards
The ideal candidate is:
- A team player with positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Confident working both independently and under direct supervision
- Has previous experience working in warehouse management, with an emphasis in food production and preparation preferred.
- Previous inventory management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Previous experience with Google Suiteand Quickbooks
- Previous experience running production machinery
- Forklift certification a plus
- Ability to lift 20 – 30 lbs (frequent) and 50 lbs (rarely)
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean warehouse
Typical Weekly Schedule:
- Shift Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
- Shift Length: 8 hours
- Variable work days
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations.
- Position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in SE Portland, Oregon.
Starting wage range is $17.00-20.00/hr depending on experience. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits and 401(k).
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all of our team members. We’re growing and looking for individuals who are passionate about our brand and working together.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Assistant Warehouse Manager.