Coast Operations Manager
- Oversee day-to-day operations of salt production facility, ensuring a safe, clean and secure work environment.
- Manage facility staff - supervise and execute all aspects of personnel management, including scheduling, hiring new team members, overseeing training and performance improvement, conducting regular reviews, and leading terminations when necessary.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce systems and policies - improve product and service quality by devising new applications and procedures, maintain, evaluate and enhance current production and inventory systems, and present end results to all stakeholders.
- Drive financial objectives - compile and submit data for budget preparation, actively anticipate and monitor expenses and analyze variances to meet and exceed goals.
- Supervise and shepherd special projects - organize and coordinate information, labor, etc. as required, especially with regard to roll out of third party audit.
- Manage communication between coast team and senior management - clearly and proactively facilitate constructive feedback and direction, and know when to escalate concerns.
- Contribute to salt making, post-production duties and customer service/gift shop sales responsibilities as needed.
- Confident managing and motivating a diverse workforce
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Previous experience working in food production, including familiarity with food safety controls and regulations
- Previous experience overseeing inventory system; familiarity with Quickbooks a plus
- Must be able to lift 20 – 30 lbs (frequent) and 50 lbs (rarely)
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time
This is a full-time salaried position, based in Netarts, OR. Benefits include competitive compensation, Paid Time Off, employer stipended health and dental insurance, paid holidays, and 401k.
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name, last name and the job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Coast Operations Manager (Netarts, OR)