April 1, 2020
Like many of you, the last few weeks have changed everything for us. As a small team working through how COVID-19 is and will impact our business moving forward, we’re trying to remain resilient and flexible, especially in the wake of so many unexpected sacrifices and shifts.
To our partners, retailers, and customers – thank you for your continued support. For as long as there’s a need and it’s still possible, we will continue shipping out the finest pantry essentials to you all.
With that, we want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our community, customers, and partners seriously, and are actively monitoring and assessing the global spread of the COVID-19 virus.
As a Food Manufacturer, Jacobsen Salt Co. is an essential service as identified by Oregon state guidelines set forth last week by Governor Brown. As such, we will remain open for the foreseeable future, but with strict social distancing measures and reduced hours of operation in effect.
We are following the guidance and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), federal, provincial, state, and local government, health authorities, and relevant industry agencies.
Outlined below are specific ways we are putting these guidelines and recommendations into effect:
- Our on-site team has implemented increasingly thorough personal hand washing procedures and we have added hand sanitizer stations both in our office and production areas. In addition to following our usual diligent equipment and workstation sanitation and food safety procedures, we are also disinfecting shared spaces meticulously.
- On-site staff members continue to practice social distancing and, as required, workstations are situated 6 feet or more apart. We have also adjusted employee schedules to limit the number of people working in our Portland facility at any given time.
- We have encouraged and/or required as many employees as possible to work from home, halted all business travel, and are conducting meetings by phone or video wherever possible.
- Access to all areas of our headquarters and facilities are now limited to Jacobsen Salt Co. staff members only. This includes all customer pick-ups and vendor deliveries.
- Exception is for UPS ONLY.
We’re excited to now offer a local pickup option at our Portland Tasting Room! Click here to learn more. Our Netarts Bay, OR gift shop will remain closed until further notice.
NOTE: If you have a previously accepted and scheduled delivery or pickup, PLEASE CALL (971-998-4579) when you arrive. A staff member will assist you.
While we continue to operate with this limited staff, we ask for your patience and understanding should you experience any delays in your orders. All customers are encouraged to continue to contact their sales reps directly, or our customer service department at email@example.com or 503-719-4973.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We thank you for being our partner through this challenging time.
Please stay well and stay safe,
Jacobsen Salt Co.