Customer Service & Marketing Associate
General description: Lead the Jacobsen Salt Co. consumer experience at our Portland Tasting Room, events, and online! This position works out of our Portland Headquarters, which acts as an office, tasting room/marketplace, and event space. The Customer Service & Marketing Associate will report directly to the Retail Manager and Marketing Manager. As the face of Jacobsen Salt Co., this role welcomes customers to the brand, educates them about product, addresses their questions, and promotes direct to consumer sales.
The ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills, is passionate about the company and can maintain the voice of the brand both online and in our Portland Tasting Room.
See below for a detailed breakdown of responsibilities that include but are not limited to, the following:
60% Customer Service Associate
- Staff the Tasting Room from open to close, guide visitors through our products, conduct transactions through Shopify POS, report on sales daily, and track progress to sales goals.
- Maintain a clean, well stocked, and properly merchandised area in the tasting room and general office areas.
- Monitor inventory, stock items, report inventory status, assist with inventory management for website, work with fulfillment to request out of stock items.
- Respond to and field all customer inquiries in person, via email and phone
- In addition, this role manages all customer/public interaction via social media platforms b responding to comments and direct messages for all social media in prompt, professional manner.
40% Marketing Associate
- Drive interest in the Tasting Room and Jacobsen Salt Co. through the social media, brand events, etc.
- Generate ideas & post content on all social media platforms, maintaining the voice of brand with captioning and hashtags
- Manage content schedule & coordinate with other marketing initiatives
- Create monthly reports for social media platforms
- Coordinate sample shipments with social media brand ambassadors
- Capture ambassador content and integrate into social media plan
- General, topical marketing content brainstorming and idea generation
- Monthly blog posts for Salt Life blog
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude
- Self-starter looking to grow their skills in social media marketing and event planning
- Can handle multiple projects and prioritize deadlines
- Past social media experience preferred
- Experience with social media scheduling platforms such as Later or Planoly (or other similar platforms)
- Experience with Shopify a plus
- Must be able to lift 20 – 30 lbs (frequent) and 50 lbs (rarely)
- Ability to stand for hours at a time
- Must have valid driver license
Hours: 30 hours/week with option to work up to 40 hours, as needed (weekend availability a must)
Compensation: $12 – $15/hour
- Health, dental, & vision insurance eligibility after 90 day probationary period
- Sick Time & Paid Time Off
To apply: Please send your resume, a brief letter of interest and a sample Instagram post to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name, last name and the job title in the subject line. The photo does not have to be an original photo (please cite source) but the caption must be in your own words. Please note that applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered. Subject line example: Jane Doe – Customer Service & Marketing Associate (Portland, OR)