Food Service Sales Manager
Founded in 2011, Jacobsen Salt Co. is the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest since the 1800s. Since then it has transformed from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker. Harvested from the cold, pristine waters of Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast, our flake and kosher sea salts have garnered worldwide favor for their beautiful presentation and pure taste by professional chefs and home cooks alike.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time Food Service Sales Manager with a strong proven sales background to support and enhance our team. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self motivated, anticipatory, and tenacious go-getter with a passion for developing new markets, achieving high growth goals, and providing outstanding customer service. The Food Service Sales Manager is responsible for managing and expanding direct and distributor business across restaurants, food processors, and retail customers.
A successful Sales Manager will demonstrate outstanding relationship-building abilities, a deep understanding of premium brands, exceptional attention to detail, and an ability to develop, articulate, and execute a highly profitable sales plan. This position is based at our headquarters in Portland, OR.
Primary functions include:
- Develop and execute a city-by-city and regional sales plan for the Food Service Channel
- Participate in industry trade and distributor shows, as well as customer planning meetings
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis
- Support sales efforts by effectively and professionally communicating with established sales accounts over the phone, email, in person, etc.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date key account target list to support constant and quality national growth
- Facilitate regular sales development meetings with our distributors
- Provide updated analysis of sales trends and opportunities to increase points of distribution with both new customers and within current accounts
- Provide post-call reports to customers and Jacobsen Salt Co. management with clearly defined agreements and next steps
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Director of Sales and President for program effectiveness
- Participate in monthly sales performance and forecast reviews
- Effectively use Quickbooks to evaluate sales and provide insights into opportunity gaps
- 3+ years of Food Service sales experience required
- Ingrained connections and experience within the Portland restaurant and food scene - Understanding of food and beverage industry trends
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time (once deemed safe to do so)
- Analytical proficiency and experience with forecasting highly preferred - Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including proficiency navigating the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, as well as familiarity with Google Suite
- Must have valid driver’s license and driving record in good standing
The ideal candidate is:
- An extremely flexible and collaborative team player; our sales team is constantly evolving to suit the needs of the business, so supporting teammates throughout the sales process is crucial
- Adaptable in a lean and evolving high-growth business, with a demonstrated record of ability to perform under pressure
- An adept multitasker and project manager with strong organizational skills; able to efficiently prioritize outstanding tasks
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication, including verbal and written - Someone with excellent quantitative and analytical skills, and an innovative, solution driven approach to work
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a positive manner
- Confident working independently
- Someone with excellent time management skills, who can maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
Essential physical functions:
- Must be able to stay in a stationary position at least 50% of the work day - Some workdays will require consistently operating a computer; others will require walking or standing all day
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
Typical weekly schedule:
- The Food Service Sales Manager role is a full-time, exempt position
- Position is based in Portland, Oregon, and will include a hybrid of in-office and remote work primarily during regular business hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30PM, Monday-Friday
- Salary: $60,000 - $75,000 DOE
- Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.
- Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the value that diversity brings to an organization. As a community, we are committed to creating a workplace where learning is a key principle. We look for collaborative and resourceful team players who believe in our mission to inspire people to cook, eat, and live well.
To apply:Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Food Service Sales Manager. The company is looking to immediately fill this position.