Regional Sales Manager – NY
New York, NY
Jacobsen Salt Co. is seeking an energetic and experienced salesperson to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and tenacious go-getter with a passion for developing new markets, achieving high growth goals and providing outstanding customer service.
The Regional Sales Manager will manage and grow direct and distributor business across multiple channels of business, including grocery chains, big box stores, specialty stores, chef-driven restaurants and food processor partners.
A successful Regional Sales Manager will demonstrate outstanding relationship building abilities, a deep understanding of premium brands, attention to detail, and an ability to develop, articulate, and execute a highly profitable sales plan. Ideally, you’re a fearless born salesperson who likes to travel; you’re self-motivated, anticipatory and take initiative.
Our sales team is currently based in Portland, OR, and Los Angeles, CA. We’re seeking representation based on the East Coast to pursue multi-channel opportunities in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a city-by-city and regional sales plan to execute against the company’s goals and objectives.
- Participate in industry trade and distributor shows, customer planning meetings and broker ride-alongs.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Support sales efforts by effectively and professionally communicating with established sales accounts over the phone, email, in person, etc.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date key account target list to support constant and quality regional growth.
- Facilitate regular sales development meetings with our distributor customers.
- Provide updated analysis of sales trends and opportunities to increase points of distribution with both new customers and within current accounts on a regular basis.
- Provide post call reports to customers and Jacobsen Salt management with clearly defined agreements and next steps.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Director of Sales and CEO for program effectiveness.
- Participate in monthly sales performance and forecast reviews.
- Effectively use Quickbooks to evaluate sales and provide insights into opportunity gaps.
- Minimum of 4 years CPG sales experience required
- Broker management experience required
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to collaborate with team members through effective and positive interactions that improve everyone’s results – our sales team is constantly evolving to suit the needs of the business, and supporting teammates throughout the sales process is crucial
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Innovative, solution-driven approach to work
- Strong ability to perform under pressure
- Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously and determine priority of outstanding tasks
- Positive attitude and high energy level; ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with attention to detail and professionalism
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health, dental, & vision insurance [eligible following probationary period], Paid Time Off, and paid company holidays
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Hope Williams at email@example.com by March 22, 2019, with your first name, last name and the job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Regional Sales Manager (New York, NY)