Founded in 2011, Jacobsen Salt Co. is the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest since the 1800s. Since then it has transformed from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker. Harvested from the cold, pristine waters of Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast, our flake and kosher sea salts have garnered worldwide favor for their beautiful presentation and pure taste by professional chefs and home cooks alike.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time (estimated 40 hour/week) Fulfillment Lead with shipping experience to support our operations in Portland. This position is key to ensuring that the company’s primary production, packing, and shipping site meets daily fulfillment demands and expectations. The Fulfillment Lead role requires an even-keeled, mature leader who will be tasked with organizing and overseeing all wholesale and e-commerce shipping and delivery efforts, and contributing to the productivity and success of Shipping and Delivery Associates.
Primary functions include:
- Oversee daily and weekly fulfillment deliverables; create and execute a plan to meet deadlines and achieve goals; organize, prepare, and monitor fulfillment of wholesale and ecommerce orders
- Encourage, support, and motivate Shipping and Delivery Associates to continually improve caliber of output and levels of productivity; establish performance expectations for Shipping and Delivery Associates and hold them accountable for their work; lead by example and provide regular and constructive feedback
- Pick and pack orders, and prepare respective documentation for shipments and deliveries; adhere to order accuracy standards and ensure high quality condition of shipments and deliveries
- Adeptly navigate ecommerce sales and shipping platform portals (ex. Shopify, WS Drop Ship, Shipstation, etc.) and wholesale Sales Order processing and invoicing in Quickbooks
- Consistently monitor email@example.com inbox for any and all critical communication, and provide prompt and reliable responses
- Collaborate with Customer Service to ensure positive consumer engagement and order accuracy; this role may have intermittent in-person interaction with customers through the process and pickup of Will Call orders
- Work closely with Production Leads to confirm that product pars are met and maintained in order to guarantee product availability
- Assist ongoing inventory control measures by maintaining efficient workspace layout, proper product storage and organization, and adherence to processes, working closely with Inventory Coordinator to validate SKU counts
- Contribute to warehouse receiving protocols; communicate with Inventory Coordinator about placement and tracking of deliveries and returns
- Rigorously uphold (and contribute to continued efforts to fine tune) company, state, and federal quality control and food/health safety standards and requirements
- Ensure performance and functionality of all fulfillment tools and equipment; identify inefficiencies and propose improvements (such as quality assurances, capacity, ease of use, etc.) to processes, tools and equipment
- Communicate promptly, thoroughly, constructively, and consistently with both direct supervisor and all co-workers
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or certifications) with access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Someone with prior experience working in shipping and/or inventory coordination
- A champion of Jacobsen’s ideals of integrity and inclusivity, both in the workplace and in the community
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication, including verbal and written
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player; works well both independently and under direct supervision
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Detail-oriented with keen organizational skills
- Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and familiarity with Google Suite and Quickbooks
- **Forklift certification is a plus
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20-50 lbs (frequent) and 50-70 lbs (rarely)
- Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for long periods, up to 100% of the shift)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 8:30AM - 5:00PM, Monday through Friday
- Shift Length: 8 hours
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations; position requires occasional schedule flexibility
- This full-time, non-exempt position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in SE Portland, Oregon.
Starting wage range is $17.50-18.00/hour based on experience, education and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the value that diversity brings to an organization. As a community, we are committed to creating a workplace where learning is a key principle. We look for collaborative and resourceful team players who believe in our mission to inspire people to cook, eat, and live well.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Fulfillment Lead. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, and it will remain open until filled.