Grocery/Key Accounts Sales Manager
Founded in 2011, Jacobsen Salt Co. was the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest since Lewis & Clark built their salt works in 1805. Since then it has transformed from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker. Harvested from the cold, pristine waters of Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast, our flake and kosher sea salts have garnered worldwide favor for their beautiful presentation and pure taste by professional chefs and home cooks alike.
Grounded in craftsmanship and community, our mission is to provide the finest elemental cooking ingredients and kitchen staples that inspire people to cook, eat, and live well.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is seeking an energetic and experienced salesperson to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and tenacious go-getter with a passion for developing new markets, achieving high growth goals and providing outstanding customer service.
The Grocery/Key Accounts Sales Manager will manage and grow direct and distributor business across multiple channels, including grocery chains, big box stores, and specialty stores.
A successful Grocery/Key Accounts Sales Manager will demonstrate outstanding relationship building abilities, a deep understanding of premium brands, attention to detail, and an ability to develop, articulate, and execute a highly profitable sales plan. Ideally, you’re a fearless born salesperson; you’re self-motivated, anticipatory and take initiative.
Our headquarters is currently based in Portland, OR, with sales members in New York and Los Angeles. We’re seeking representation based in Portland Oregon to pursue multi-channel opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute annual promotion and seasonal calendar with grocery partners
- Help manager a team of grocery brokers to ensure they are on track and representing our brand to the best of their ability
- Participate in industry trade and distributor shows and customer planning meetings
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis
- Support sales efforts by effectively and professionally communicating with established sales accounts over the phone, email, in person, etc.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date key account target list to support constant and quality regional growth
- Facilitate regular sales development meetings with our distributors and grocery buyers
- Provide updated analysis of sales trends and opportunities to increase points of distribution with both new customers and within current accounts
- Provide post call reports to customers and Jacobsen Salt management with clearly defined agreements and next steps
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Director of Sales and President for program effectiveness
- Participate in monthly sales performance and forecast reviews
- Effectively use Quickbooks to evaluate sales and provide insights into opportunity gaps
- CPG sales experience required
- Broker management experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Ability to collaborate with team members through effective and positive interactions that improve everyone’s results – our sales team is constantly evolving to suit the needs of the business, and supporting teammates throughout the sales process is crucial
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Innovative, solution-driven approach to work
- Strong ability to perform under pressure
- Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously and determine priority of outstanding tasks
- Positive attitude and high energy level; ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with attention to detail and professionalism
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- This is a full-time, salaried position, with compensation based on experience, in Portland Oregon
- Benefits include competitive compensation, paid time off, employer stipend health and dental insurance, paid holidays, and a 401k
- To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Grocery/Key Accounts Manager