Grocery Regional Sales Manager
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time Grocery Regional Sales Manager with a strong proven sales background to support and enhance our team. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated, anticipatory, and tenacious go-getter with a passion for developing new markets, achieving high growth goals, and providing outstanding customer service. The Grocery Regional Sales Manager role is responsible for managing and expanding direct and distributor relationships across West Coast and Rocky Mountain regions.
A successful Grocery Regional Sales Manager will demonstrate outstanding relationship building abilities, a deep understanding of premium brands, exceptional attention to detail, and an ability to develop, articulate, and execute a highly profitable sales plan.
This position is based at our headquarters in Portland, OR.
Primary functions include:
- Develop and execute annual promotion and seasonal calendar with grocery partners
- Help manage a team of grocery brokers to ensure they are on track and representing our brand to the best of their ability
- Participate in industry trade and distributor shows, as well as customer planning meetings
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis
- Support sales efforts by effectively and professionally communicating with established sales accounts over the phone, email, in person, etc.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date key account target list to support constant and quality regional growth
- Facilitate regular sales development meetings with our distributors and grocery buyers
- Provide updated analysis of sales trends and opportunities to increase points of distribution with both new customers and within current accounts
- Provide post-call reports to customers and Jacobsen Salt Co. management with clearly defined agreements and next steps
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Director of Sales and President for program effectiveness
- Participate in monthly sales performance and forecast reviews
- Effectively use Quickbooks to evaluate sales and provide insights into opportunity gaps
- CPG sales experience required
- Broker management experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including proficiency navigating the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, as well as familiarity with Google Suite
The ideal candidate is:
- An extremely flexible and collaborative team player; our sales team is constantly evolving to suit the needs of the business, and supporting teammates throughout the sales process is crucial
- Adaptable in a lean and evolving high-growth business, with a demonstrated record of ability to perform under pressure
- An adept multitasker and project manager with strong organizational skills; able to efficiently prioritize outstanding tasks
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication, including verbal and written
- Someone with excellent quantitative and analytical skills, and an Innovative, solution-driven approach to work
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve in a positive manner
- Confident working independently
- Someone with excellent time management skills, who can maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
Essential physical functions:
- Must be able to stay in a stationary position at least 50% of the workday
- Some workdays will require consistently operating a computer; others will require walking or standing all day
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
Typical weekly schedule:
- The Grocery Regional Sales Manager role is a full-time, exempt position
- Position is based in Portland, Oregon, and will include a hybrid of in-office and remote work primarily during regular business hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30PM, Monday-Friday
Salary commensurate with education, experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Grocery Regional Sales Manager. The company is looking to immediately fill this position.