At Jacobsen Salt Co. we craft top-shelf cooking ingredients, re-envision classic products and recipes, and provide unforgettable culinary experiences every day. Founded in 2011 as the first saltworks in the Pacific Northwest since Lewis and Clark, we have grown from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker and purveyor of quality pantry staples.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time (estimated 40 hour/week) Inventory Planner with inventory control experience to support our production and fulfillment operations in Portland. This position is responsible for ensuring that the company’s primary production, packing, and shipping site meets daily fulfillment needs and accurately records all production efforts. The Inventory Planner role requires a highly organized individual with rigorous attention to detail.
Primary functions include:
- Maintain an accurate inventory and appropriate stock of materials and products across all sales channels (including wholesale, e-commerce, retail, etc.) within QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Oversee all inventory management: daily matching of physical finished goods (FG), work in progress products (WIP), and raw materials (RM)
- Review and record all product assembly builds into inventory system
- Contribute to warehouse receiving protocols; reconciling and directing placement of goods delivered, and accounting for these items in inventory system
- Coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly cycle hand counts as needed
- Analyze inventory and sales order data to identify any inventory imbalances and prepare for and forecast seasonal production fluctuations
- Further develop and implement inventory control procedures
- Support purchasing efforts and supply chain management by monitoring inventory sites; work interdepartmentally towards all demand planning
- Rigorously uphold (and contribute to continued efforts to fine tune) company, state, and federal quality control and food safety standards and requirements
- Communicate promptly, thoroughly, constructively, and consistently with both direct supervisor and all co-workers
- Identify inefficiencies and propose improvements (such as quality assurances, capacity, ease of use, etc.) to processes, tools and equipment
- Develop and execute related special projects
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or certifications) with access to reliable transportation
- Someone with experience in physical inventory maintenance, controls, and transfers, and familiarity with inventory control systems and platforms
- Has experience or familiarity with purchasing and shipping/receiving procedures
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication, including verbal and written
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player; must be comfortable working both independently and under direct supervision
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Detail-oriented with keen organizational skills
- Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and familiarity with Google Suite; experience working in Quickbooks Enterprise is preferred
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20-50 lbs (frequent) and 50-70 lbs (rarely)
- Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for long periods)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 8:30AM - 5:00PM
- Shift Length: 8 hours
- Variable work days
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations; position requires occasional schedule flexibility
- Position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in SE Portland, Oregon
Starting wage range is $17.00-20.00/hr depending on experience. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits and 401(k).
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all of our team members. We’re growing and looking for individuals who are passionate about our brand and working together.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with your first name, last name and the job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Inventory Planner.