Founded in 2011, Jacobsen Salt Co. is the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest since the 1800s. Since then it has transformed from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker. Harvested from the cold, pristine waters of Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast, our flake and kosher sea salts have garnered worldwide favor for their beautiful presentation and pure taste by professional chefs and home cooks alike.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time (est. 40 hours/week) Junior Accountant to support our operations in Portland. This position is responsible for ensuring that all daily financial data is recorded accurately and thoroughly, including bills, payments, receipts, and deposits. The Junior Accountant role requires an organized, methodical individual with a high level of integrity and adaptability.
Primary functions include:
- Accurately record financial data, including posting bills, receiving payments and making deposits, posting journal entries, and entering sales receipts
- Make regular bank deposits, including occasional cash handling
- Uphold all company customer service standards and work in tandem with Order Processing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Update and maintain customer payment profiles, including any changes to terms, payment methods, and payment platforms
- Properly review and code expenses
- Maintain proactive and positive communication with vendors
- Stay in regular conversation with Inventory Planner regarding purchase orders as related to payables
- Contribute to preparation of bank reconciliations, as well as financial statements and reports, among other regular period-end closing responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and organized filing system for all company financial, customer, vendor, and tax documents
- Implement and uphold company best practices, controls, and processes
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to evolve systems and business practices
- Perform additional administrative tasks as needed
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or certifications) with an advanced degree or continuing education in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and familiarity with Google Suite; experience working in Quickbooks Enterprise is preferred
- An extremely flexible and collaborative team player; confident working independently and under direct supervision
- Adaptable in a lean and evolving high-growth business
- An adept multitasker with strong organizational skills
- Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a positive manner
- Someone with excellent time management skills, who can maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication, including verbal and written
Essential physical functions:
- Must be able to stay in a stationary position at least 75% of the workday
- Will consistently be operating a computer
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 9:00AM - 5:30PM
- Shift Length: 8 hours
- Monday - Friday
- This full-time, non-exempt position works out of Jacobsen’s headquarters in SE Portland, Oregon.
Starting wage range is $19.00-22.00/hour based on experience, education, and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Junior Accountant. The company is looking to immediately fill this position and the position will remain open until filled.