Part-time Retail and Market Sales Associate
Jacobsen Salt Co. is seeking a personable and professional Part-time Retail and Market Sales Associate to join our team. Our ideal candidate will be a stellar co-worker who is confident working independently and has a passion for providing outstanding customer service. This position is based in Portland, but will work out of multiple locations, including the Portland Tasting Room, the PSU Farmers Market and other events and markets around the Pacific NW. Excellent people skills are a must, as he/she/they will be working directly with a diverse demographic of customers. The candidate must be able to work effectively within time limits and have strong organizational skills. The abilities to multitask and “roll up your sleeves” are essential, as Jacobsen Salt Co. is still a small company in many regards - all employees wear a variety of hats!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to maturely and effectively represent the Jacobsen brand, acting as a daily ambassador and relationship builder in our community
- Comfort with all aspects of day-to-day retail duties, including accurately recording all sales, meeting growth objectives in retail channel, maintaining inventory control, cash handling, merchandising, telling the brand story, etc.
- Consistently bringing a proactive and positive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any challenges ‘on your feet’
- Committed adherence to all company principals and mission
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and ensure quality, including research skills and creativity to identify opportunities
Requirements and Qualifications
- Work experience in retail sales
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional integrity and sense of ethics
- Ability to work on multiple projects independently in a dynamic workplace
- Schedule flexibility is a must, including early mornings, nights and weekends
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.; this position will be expected to independently construct and break down the farmer’s market booth
- Current driver’s license and demonstrated commitment to safe driving practices
- Knowledge of, and/or experience within the food and beverage industry is a plus
- Must be confident working in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive; experience with point of sales systems is a plus
Starting wage is $13-15.00/hours and we are looking to immediately fill the role.
Benefits for part-time employees include Paid Time Off, and this position may have the opportunity to move to full-time with additional benefits, including employer stipend for health, dental, and vision insurance [eligible following probationary period], Paid Time Off, 401(k), and paid company holidays.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all of our team members.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!