Founded in 2011, Jacobsen Salt Co. is the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest since the 1800s. Since then it has transformed from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker. Harvested from the cold, pristine waters of Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast, our flake and kosher sea salts have garnered worldwide favor for their beautiful presentation and pure taste by professional chefs and home cooks alike.
Position: Post-Production Associate
Location: Netarts Bay, OR
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time (40 hour/week) Post-Production Associate who is self-motivated and eager to learn an artisanal skill. This is a physical, hands-on position responsible for completing the salt production process, from rinsing raw salt through the final packaging step. A keen eye for detail is a must, as essential duties include accurate record keeping and achieving high product quality standards.
Primary functions include:
- Rinse, sift, grade, fill, and pack salt with accuracy and efficiency
- Maintain regular and consistent data input to Dehydrator, Sift and Transport Logs
- Record accurate daily build sheets; submit to Portland Inventory Planner
- Rigorously uphold company, state, and federal quality control and food safety standards and requirements
- Ensure performance and functionality of all post-production tools and equipment (clean, lubricate, calibrate, etc.)
- Pack and load finished product for transport
- Maintain and enhance Quality Assurance/Quality Control practices and standards
- Communicate promptly, thoroughly, constructively, and consistently with both direct supervisor (Post-Production Lead or Operations Manager) and all co-workers
- Identify inefficiencies and propose improvements (such as quality assurances, capacity, ease of use, etc.) to processes and equipment
- Assist Facility Manager with upkeep maintenance and regular improvements to facility grounds, property, and equipment
- Contribute to salt making and other duties and tasks as needed
- Possibility of cross-training in retail/customer service as needed
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or certifications) with access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Someone with previous experience working in manufacturing or food production/preparation
- Able to work onsite events as needed
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Comfortable completing basic tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and email
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20 – 30 lbs (frequent) and 50 lbs (rarely)
- Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for up to 75% of each shift)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 7:00AM - 5:30PM
- Shift Length: 10 hours
- Four days per week
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations; position requires occasional schedule flexibility
- Position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in Netarts, Oregon
Starting wage is $16.00/hour. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the value that diversity brings to an organization. As a community, we are committed to creating a workplace where learning is a key principle. We look for collaborative and resourceful team players who believe in our mission to inspire people to cook, eat, and live well.
To apply:Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Post-Production Associate. The company is looking to immediately fill this position and the position will remain open until filled.