Seasonal Retail and Events Associate
Founded in 2011, Jacobsen Salt Co. was the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest since Lewis & Clark built their salt works in 1805. Since then it has transformed from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker. Harvested from the cold, pristine waters of Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast, our flake and kosher sea salts have garnered worldwide favor for their beautiful presentation and pure taste by professional chefs and home cooks alike. Grounded in craftsmanship and community, our mission is to provide the finest elemental cooking ingredients and kitchen staples that inspire people to cook, eat, and live well.
We are looking for a rockstar seasonal retail lead, events attendant and off-site retail representative to promote the Jacobsen brand and sell at local farmer’s markets.
Position: Seasonal Retail and Events Associate
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Retail Manager
Hours of Position: Saturday - Wednesday 9:00 - 5:00 in the retail shop. Ability/flexibility to work offsite markets & in-house events.
This position is responsible for assisting guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all retail related functions. A high standard of service and hospitality must be maintained at all times.
- Assists guests with retail purchases.
- Responds immediately and follow through on all guest requests and complaints.
- Assists guests with questions and directions.
- Is a sales representative! Tells our guests about our facilities & products.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area throughout entire shift.
- Follows established standards and work procedures for the front desk.
- Prevents loss or damage to retail supplies and property.
- Arranges for special services that may be requested by the guests.
Required Competencies and Qualities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to help with onsite events
- Knowledge of food
- High school diploma
- Two (2) years in service industry; hospitality industry preferred.
Essential Physical Functions
- The following skills are required: standing/walking (85% of shift), talking on the phone (40% of shift), computer operation (50% of shift), people skills (95% of shift), lifting up to 10 pounds (95% of shift), maximum of 50 pounds.
- A neat and clean appearance should be maintained at all times.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter expressing why you think you are the perfect fit for the job!