Retail Sales Associate
Jacobsen Salt Co. is seeking a personable and professional Retail Sales Associate to join our Netarts Bay team. Our ideal candidate will be a stellar co-worker who is confident working independently. Excellent people skills are a must, as he/she/they will be working directly with a diverse demographic of customers. The candidate should be able to work effectively within time limits and have strong organizational skills. The ability to “roll up your sleeves” is essential, as Jacobsen Salt Co. is still a small company in many regards - all employees wear a variety of hats!
Primary functions include:
- Maturely and effectively representing the Jacobsen brand, acting as a daily ambassador and relationship builder in our community
- Comfort with all aspects of conducting day-to-day retail sales, including accurately recording all sales transactions, meeting growth objectives in the retail sales channel, merchandising shop, telling the brand story, and providing recommendations and guidance to customers
- Perform open and closing duties, including accurate recording of inventory, preparing and reconciling cash till, reviewing all product highlights and updates, and light cleaning as necessary
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and ensure quality, including research skills and creativity to identify opportunities
- Rigorously uphold company, state, and federal quality control and food safety standards and requirements
- Contribute to post-production and other duties and tasks as needed
The ideal candidate is:
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
- Someone with previous experience in retail sales or customer service; ideally, a born hospitalitarian with excellent communication skills
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player; comfortable working both independently and under direct supervision
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Someone who brings a proactive and positive approach to troubleshooting challenges
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or work experience), who is at least 18 years old, with access to reliable transportation
- Able to consistently work weekend hours, and reliably demonstrates strong time management skills
- Comfortable completing basic tasks on a computer, including navigating Google Drive, word processing, spreadsheets, and email; experience with point of sales systems is a plus
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20-50 lbs (frequent) and 50-70 lbs (rarely)
- Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for long periods, up to 100% of the shift)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 9:30AM - 5:30PM
- Shift Length: 7.5 hours
- Days of the week may vary, but will include weekend days; final schedule to be discussed with candidate and determined during hiring process based on candidate availability and business needs
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations
- Full-time or part-time positions possible
- This non-exempt position works out of the gift shop at Jacobsen’s production facility in Netarts, Oregon
- Listing will remain open and posted until position(s) is filled
- Retail Lead and Coast Operations Manager
Starting hourly rate for this position is $14.00/hour. Benefits for full-time employees includes paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all of our team members.
Please send a resume to email@example.com with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Retail Sales Associate. We are looking to fill this position by early May, and it will remain open until filled.