Salt Production Associate
At Jacobsen Salt Co. we craft top-shelf cooking ingredients, re-envision classic products and recipes, and provide unforgettable culinary experiences every day. Founded in 2011 as the first saltworks in the Pacific Northwest since Lewis and Clark, we have grown from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker and purveyor of quality pantry staples.
Position: Salt Production Associate
Location: Netarts Bay, OR
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time (40 hour/week) Salt Production Associate who is self-motivated and eager to learn an artisanal skill. This is a physical, hands-on position that contributes to the entirety of the salt production process, from pumping salt water to monitoring brine evaporation to the final harvesting of our salt. A keen eye for detail is a must, as essential duties include accurate record keeping and achieving high product quality standards.
Primary functions include:
- Pump salt water, monitor brine evaporation, and harvest wet salt with accuracy and efficiency; maintain productivity throughout the course of a shift and encourage cohorts to do the same
- Closely follow and improve on existing fill and record keeping processes
- Maintain regular and consistent data input to Pump, Boil, and Evaporator Logs; keep up detailed cleaning schedule and log
- Rigorously uphold company, state, and federal quality control and food safety standards and requirements
- Ensure performance and functionality of all salt production tools and equipment (clean, lubricate, calibrate, etc.)
- Pack and load finished product for transport
- Maintain and enhance Quality Assurance/Quality Control practices and standards
- Rinse, sift, grade, fill, and pack salt with accuracy and efficiency
- Maintain regular and consistent data input to Dehydrator, Sift and Transport Logs
- Record accurate daily build sheets; submit to Portland Inventory Control
- Communicate promptly, thoroughly, constructively, and consistently with both direct supervisor (Salt Production Lead or Operations Manager) and all co-workers
- Identify inefficiencies and propose improvements (such as quality assurances, capacity, ease of use, etc.) to processes and equipment
- Assist Facility Manager with upkeep maintenance and regular improvements to facility grounds, property, and equipment
- Contribute to post-production and other duties and tasks as needed
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or certifications) with access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Has some previous experience working in manufacturing or food production/preparation
- Able to work nights and/or weekends as needed
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Comfortable completing basic tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and email
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20-50 lbs (frequent) and 50-70 lbs (rarely)
Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for long periods)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Multiple shifts available (Day, Mid, Night)
- Shift Length: 10 hours
- Four days per week
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations; position requires occasional schedule flexibility
- Position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in Netarts, Oregon.
Base rate at Jacobsen Salt Co. is $14/hour. Salary for this position is dependent on experience. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits and 401(k).
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all of our team members. We’re growing and looking for individuals who are passionate about our brand and working together.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Salt Production Associate. Multiple positions are available and listing will remain open until filled.