Shipping & Delivery Associate
Shipping & Delivery Associate
At Jacobsen Salt Co. we craft top-shelf cooking ingredients, re-envision classic products and recipes, and provide unforgettable culinary experiences every day. Founded in 2011 as the first saltworks in the Pacific Northwest since Lewis and Clark, we have grown from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker and purveyor of quality pantry staples.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time, non-exempt (estimated 40 hours/week) Shipping & Delivery Associate to support our operations and enhance our team. This position is responsible for contributing to all shipments and local deliveries from the company’s primary fulfillment site. The Shipping & Delivery Associate role requires an organized, detail-oriented teammate with a collaborative, outgoing personality.
Primary functions include:
- Pick and pack orders and prepare respective documentation for shipments and deliveries under the direction of Shipping Lead and Distribution Manager
- Adhere to order accuracy standards and ensure high quality condition of shipments and deliveries
- Understand daily and weekly fulfillment deliverables, and strive to meet all deadlines and goals
- Contribute to e-commerce order processing; confidently navigate retail sales and shipping platform portals
- Contribute to customer service and communication; this role will have some regular in-person interaction with customers
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness, and uphold responsible driver safety guidelines
- Support and enhance inventory control measures
- Contribute to receiving and production efforts as needed
- Rigorously uphold company, state, and federal quality control and food safety standards and requirements
- Regularly and thoroughly clean equipment and workspaces
- Communicate promptly, thoroughly, constructively, and consistently with both direct supervisor and all co-workers
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or certifications), who is at least 18 years old, with access to reliable transportation and a current valid driver’s license
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
- Someone with previous experience working in fulfillment, either in shipping, delivery, or preferably both
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player; comfortable working both independently and under direct supervision
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and email; experience with Shopify, ShipStation, and Quickbooks is preferred
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20-50 lbs (frequent) and 50-70 lbs (rarely)
- Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for long periods)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 7:00AM - 3:30PM
- Shift Length: 8 hours
- Five consecutive days: Monday-Friday
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations
- Position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in SE Portland, Oregon
Starting hourly rate for this position is $14.00/hour. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits and 401(k).
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all of our team members. We’re growing and looking for individuals who are passionate about our brand and working together.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Shipping & Delivery Associate.