Shipping & Delivery Associate
Shipping & Delivery Associate
At Jacobsen Salt Co. we craft top-shelf cooking ingredients, re-envision classic products and recipes, and provide unforgettable culinary experiences every day. Founded in 2011 as the first saltworks in the Pacific Northwest since the 1800s, we have grown from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker and purveyor of quality pantry staples.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time, non-exempt (estimated 40 hours/week) Shipping & Delivery Associate to support our operations and enhance our team. This position is responsible for contributing to all shipments and local deliveries from the company’s primary fulfillment site. The Shipping & Delivery Associate role requires an organized, detail-oriented teammate with a collaborative, outgoing personality.
Primary functions include:
- Pick and pack orders, and prepare respective documentation for shipments and deliveries
- Adhere to order accuracy standards and ensure high quality condition of shipments and deliveries
- Understand daily and weekly fulfillment deliverables, and strive to meet all deadlines and goals
- Contribute to e-commerce order processing; confidently navigate retail sales and shipping platform portals
- Contribute to customer service and communication; this role will have some regular in-person interaction with customers
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness, and uphold responsible driver safety guidelines
- Communicate promptly, thoroughly, constructively, and consistently with both direct supervisor and all co-workers
- Support and enhance inventory control measures
- Contribute to receiving and production efforts as needed
- Rigorously uphold company, state, and federal quality control and food safety standards and requirements
- Regularly and thoroughly clean equipment and workspaces
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or certifications), who is at least 18 years old, with access to reliable transportation, a current valid driver’s license and a strong driving record
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our ideals of integrity and inclusivity
- Someone with previous experience working in fulfillment, either in shipping, delivery, or preferably both
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player; comfortable working both independently and under direct supervision
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and email; experience with Shopify, ShipStation, and Quickbooks is preferred
***Following a conditional offer of employment, a motor vehicle record check will be conducted on all final candidates, as safely operating a company van is an essential function of this role.
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20-50 lbs (frequent) and 50-70 lbs (rarely)
- Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for long periods, up to 90% of the shift)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
- Shift Length: 8 hours
- Five consecutive days: Monday-Friday
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations
- Position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in SE Portland, Oregon
- Distribution Manager and Assistant Warehouse Manager
Starting hourly rate for this position is $17.00/hour. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the value that diversity brings to an organization.
As a community, we are committed to creating a workplace where learning is a key principle. We look for collaborative and resourceful team players who believe in our mission to inspire people to cook, eat, and live well.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Shipping & Delivery Associate. Listing will remain open until filled.