Social Media Internship
As the Social Media Intern, you will work alongside our marketing team to bring the Jacobsen Salt Co. (JSC) brand to life across key social channels. We’re looking for someone with a passion for social media, storytelling, cooking and the ways that food brings people together. We’re excited to work alongside someone who is the ultimate team player: dedicated, enthusiastic, and ready to learn!
This role will focus on engaging and growing our social communities, creating and curating content, and sourcing trends and ownable moments. This is a hybrid role based in the Portland metro area, $18/hour for 25-30 hours/week. It will start as a 3-month internship (approx. June-August) with possibility to extend (but not guaranteed).
What You’ll Do:
- Create, schedule, & publish social posts: Coordinate social posts across channels including but not limited to Instagram and Pinterest.
- Engage with our communities: Monitor and engage with our followers and brand fans including responding to comments, questions and DMs across platforms.
- Support content development: Conceptualize and create compelling content for core and emerging channels.
- Stay tuned in to social trends: Identify what social media trends are developing and where JSC can have a voice/ownable moment.
- Collaborate with the team: Participate in internal meetings by providing updates on assigned projects/tasks and actively participate in brainstorm sessions by sharing new ideas for campaigns, product launches, etc.
- Measure and report: Assist the team in creating campaign recaps and social reports
- Take Action: Follow, reach out and connect with people, accounts or influencers you and the marketing team collectively feel are important to growing the JSC brand.
- Must be based in the Portland metro area and have a valid drivers’ license. This person will be encouraged to visit our Netarts Bay saltworks and the Oregon Coast to create compelling content
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, journalism, advertising, public relations, or a communications-related field, or have previous work/internship experience in a similar role is a plus
- Passion for social media and social trends; you keep a finger on the pulse culturally to inform your perspective on what’s relevant, new, and coming up
- Working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Resourceful, takes initiative, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Working under tight deadlines and adapting to change comes naturally
- Understands the importance social media plays in representing a brand. You take the extra step to make sure what you are communicating is factual, appropriate, and relevant
- Basic graphic design or video editing skills a plus
- Experience in working with Google Suite
- Organized. To-do lists are your jam; you’re known for your attention to detail and high motivation to learn
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback. You are able to address questions, concerns, and critique in a clear, confident way and be able to pivot quickly based on feedback
Please send your resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples/website to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line.
Example: X X – Social Media Intern. In your cover letter, please tell us about a brand you think has an amazing digital presence on a social media channel and why, plus your favorite thing to cook.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.