Albacore Tuna Ceviche with Jacobsen Ghost Chili Salt
Our famous Ghost Chili Salt adds a potent, pleasant, and lingering heat to brighten fried chicken, a fresh grapefruit and red onion salsa, flank steak, any citrus-based cocktail, or ceviche recipes like this one.
1# fresh albacore tuna (yellowtail/ahi substitute), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 limes, zested and juiced
1 large red onion, diced
1 oz fresh ginger, microplaned
1 Tbsp quality olive oil
1 Tbsp pure kosher salt
1 c black sesame seeds
1 c cashews, roasted and salted
2 cloves garlic, microplaned
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Ghost Chili Salt
1 bunch fresh radishes, thinly sliced
2 avocados, diced
1 bunch cilantro, picked
- Combine fish, lime zest, lime juice, onion, ginger, olive oil, and pure kosher salt.
- Let the fish marinade in the fridge for 20 - 30 min. Stir occasionally.
- Pulse the sesame seeds, cashews, and garlic in a food processor. Puree with oils, garlic, and salt.
- Spread the sesame pesto on a serving platter. Top with marinaded fish and then radishes, avocados, and picked cilantro.
- Finish with more Jacobsen Ghost Chili salt and serve with tortilla chips.