Zucchini Bread with Jacobsen Lemon Zest Salt
Our Lemon Zest Salt's clean, concentrated citrus flavor brightens dishes like shaved fennel salad, fried artichoke hearts, any preparation of seafood, and this zucchini bread.
Makes 1 - 9” x 4” loaf
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c bread flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
1/2 tsp fennel seed, ground
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Lemon Zest Salt
1 c brown sugar
1 1/3 c canola oil
3/4 c plain yogurt
1 1/3 c buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 c zucchini, grated
1/2 walnut pieces, toasted
Jacobsen Lemon Zest Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a large 9” x 4” loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans.
- Whisk together the flours, nutmeg, fennel, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar.
- Add the oil, yogurt, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet egg mixture into the dry flour mixture.
- Stir minimally, just until most of the flour is wet.
- Fold in zucchini and walnuts, continuing to mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake about 45-60 min (depending on pan size), until the center of the loaves bounce back when touched and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a smear of butter and a flourish of Jacobsen Lemon Zest Salt.