Our riff on the classic Jambon Beurre. We take the essentials- ham and baguette- and include a little lick of sweetness to balance the punch of the Dijon mustard. Beret not crucial but highly recommended.
Recipe by Kourtney Paranteau
- 1 large baguette or two small ones
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Jacobsen Co. Raw Alfalfa Honey
- 8 thin slices of comte cheese
- ¼ lb prosciutto or ham
- ⅛ cup cornichons, chopped
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 pinches of Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Flake Salt
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and unsalted butter, set aside
- With a bread knife, slice open your baguette lengthwise, leaving one side still attached- like a book.
- On the top half of your baguette evenly spread Dijon mustard and on the bottom half, do the same with your honey-butter
- Start stacking your sandwich fixings atop the honey butter, starting with the comte, then your prosciutto or ham, cornichons, and finally your radishes.
- Finish with flake salt.