Founded in 2011, Jacobsen Salt Co. is the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest since the 1800s. Since then it has transformed from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker. Harvested from the cold, pristine waters of Netarts Bay on the Oregon Coast, our flake and kosher sea salts have garnered worldwide favor for their beautiful presentation and pure taste by professional chefs and home cooks alike.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks a full-time (estimated 40 hour/week) Production Lead with manufacturing experience to support our production and fulfillment operations in Portland. This position is responsible for ensuring that the company’s primary production, packing, and shipping site meets daily operational, personnel, and safety needs. The Production Lead role requires an even-keeled, mature leader who will be tasked with organizing daily product builds, and contributing to the productivity and success of Warehouse Production & Fulfillment Associates.
Primary functions include:
- Assist in regular inventory management: daily matching of physical finished goods (FG), work in progress products (WIP), and raw materials (RM)
- Encourage, support, and motivate Warehouse Production & Fulfillment Associates to continually improve caliber of product and levels of productivity; organize, prepare, and monitor packing and production lines
- Establish performance expectations for the FG Production and Fulfillment crew through the work done day in and day out; lead by example and provide regular and constructive feedback
- Work with Warehouse and Distribution Manager and Assistant Warehouse Manager to establish and achieve daily/weekly goals for FG Production team
- Contribute to warehouse receiving protocols; reconciling and directing placement of deliveries
- Rigorously uphold (and contribute to continued efforts to fine tune) company, state, and federal quality control and food/health safety standards and requirements
- Develop, monitor, and enhance Quality Assurance/Quality Control practices and standards under Operation Manager’s guidance and oversight
- Ensure performance and functionality of all production tools and equipment (clean, lubricate, calibrate, etc.)
- Communicate promptly, thoroughly, constructively, and consistently with both direct supervisor and all co-workers
- Identify inefficiencies and propose improvements (such as quality assurances, capacity, ease of use, etc.) to processes, tools and equipment
- Oversee general warehouse logistics and packing/production flow management; develop and execute related special projects
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or certifications) with access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Has prior experience working in manufacturing, inventory or food production; must have previous experience running production machinery
- Able to work occasional nights as needed
- A consummate professional both in the workplace and in the community; sees themselves as a Jacobsen brand ambassador and embodies our pillars of integrity and inclusivity
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication, including verbal and written
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player; works well both independently and under direct supervision
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Detail-oriented with keen organizational skills
- Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and familiarity with Google Suite and Quickbooks
- **Forklift certification is a plus
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20-50 lbs (frequent) and 50-70 lbs (rarely)
- Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for long periods, up to 90% of the shift)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 7:00AM - 5:30PM
- Shift Length: 10 hours
- Variable work days
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations; position requires occasional schedule flexibility
- This full-time, non-exempt position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in SE Portland, Oregon.
Starting wage range is $16.00-17.00/hour based on experience, education and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the value that diversity brings to an organization. As a community, we are committed to creating a workplace where learning is a key principle. We look for collaborative and resourceful team players who believe in our mission to inspire people to cook, eat, and live well.
Please send a resume to email@example.com with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Portland Production Lead. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, and it will remain open until filled.