Pork Shoulder Bo Ssam with Jacobsen Infused Cherrywood Smoked Salt
Our Cherrywood Smoked Salt's delicate smoky notes are perfect with cured or grilled salmon, simple green salads, peaches with creme fraiche, or all manner pulled pork - like this Korean-inspired version.
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 6 oz Jacobsen Infused Cherrywood Smoked Salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, ground
- 2 tbsp korean chili flake
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp white pepper, ground
- 2 tsp star anise, ground
- 1 tsp fennel seed, ground
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 can of light beer - like Sixpoint Brewery Gose
- 1 tbsp Jacobsen Sourced Tellicherry Black Peppercorn
- 1 head of garlic split crosswise
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 heads butter lettuce or romaine
- 1 bunch cilantro, picked
- 1 bunch mint, picked and torn
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 jar of favorite pickles
Combine the ingredients for the dry rub and rub all over the pork shoulder. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight if possible.
Place the shoulder in a large roasting pan with the beer, black peppercorns, garlic, and onion.
Cover and roast at 275°F for 6-8 hours until meat pulls apart easily. Uncover and raise oven temperature to 375 F for about 20-30 minutes until a nice crust forms on the outside of the pork. Let it rest for 45 minutes to an hour.
**This can also be done in a crockpot.**Pull apart the pork and serve on leaves of butter lettuce with pickles, herbs, and condiments of your choice - sriracha, kimchi, Jacobsen Co. Smoky Honey Sauce, or Jacobsen Co. Hot Honey Sauce