Seriously, what’s even the point of having a job, going to bed at a decent hour, and staying hydrated if you can’t tap into your childhood spirit in tiny ways throughout the day? If growing up has taught me anything at all it’s that my childhood instincts were (mostly) right all along, especially when it comes to what’s for breakfast. This very simple banana toast feels like Saturday morning cartoons and pilled pajamas, but is plated in a way that’ll make your most sophisticated friends hit that heart-eye emoji button when you inevitably post a pic.
Recipe by Kourtney Paranteau
- 1 slice square bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 banana, sliced thinly into medallions
- 2 tsp chocolate hazelnut spread, our favorite is Cloudforest Magic Spread
- 1 tsp of Jacobsen Co. Portland Riverfront Honey
- ½ tbsp chopped roasted hazelnuts
2 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Flake Sea Salt
In a small bowl mix together your powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom and set aside. On a small plate, lay out your slice of toast and liberally coat it from side to side with almond butter. Once covered in almond butter, shingle banana slices, one by one, atop the surface of the bread until entirely shielded by banana. Drizzle Cloudforest Magic Spread and our Portland Riverfront Honey over the toast. Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts, our Pure Flake Sea Salt, and finally the spiced sugar powder over the bananas before serving (to yourself).