This quick and easy cranberry side dish is the perfect complement to your holiday meal. Double the recipe if you are feeding a crowd or if you want to ensure enough for leftover turkey sandwiches all weekend long.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate arils seeds
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest from ½ orange
- 1/4 cup Jacobsen Co. Raw Alfalfa Honey
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Infused Pinot Noir Salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
Cut jalapeno pepper in half and remove seeds. Place on the baking sheet and spread cranberries around, tossing with olive oil on the pan. Roast for 5-7 minutes until the cranberries are soft and beginning to burst, and the pepper begins to shrivel. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, toss pomegranate arils, onion, cilantro, orange juice, zest and Raw Honey. Chop the cooled pepper halves and mix. Toss in cranberries, season with Infused Pinot Noir Salt and pepper.
Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.