At Jacobsen Salt Co. we craft top-shelf cooking ingredients, re-envision classic products and recipes, and provide unforgettable culinary experiences every day. Founded in 2011 as the first saltworks in the Pacific Northwest since the 1800s, we have grown from a local, small business to a nationally recognized brand as America’s leading salt maker and purveyor of quality pantry staples.
Jacobsen Salt Co. seeks part-time (variable) and full-time (estimated 40 hours/week) Production Associates to support our Portland-based operations and enhance our team. This position is responsible for ensuring that products are built, fulfilled, and packaged thoroughly, efficiently, and safely. The Production Associate role requires a diligent, methodical, and positive teammate.
Primary functions include:
- Blend dry and wet ingredients
- Fill, pack, label, and case-pack a variety of food products with accuracy and efficiency
- Assist with shipment palletization
- Support and contribute to inventory control measures
- Rigorously uphold company, state, and federal quality control and food safety standards and requirements
- Regularly and thoroughly clean equipment and workspaces
- Communicate promptly, thoroughly, constructively, and consistently with both direct supervisor and all co-workers
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate is:
- A high school graduate (or has a commensurate degree or work experience), who is at least 18 years old, with access to reliable transportation
- Someone with previous experience working in a warehouse, with an emphasis in food production or preparation strongly preferred
- An energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team player; comfortable working both independently and under direct supervision
- Trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and high moral standards
- Comfortable completing basic tasks on a computer, including navigating word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- A champion of Jacobsen’s ideals of integrity and inclusivity, both in the workplace and in the community
Essential physical functions:
- Fully capable of lifting 20-55lbs (frequent) and 56-70lbs (rarely)
- Able to stand for several hours at a time (position requires walking or standing for long periods, up to 100% of the shift)
Typical weekly schedule:
- Shift Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
- Shift Length: 8 hours
- Five consecutive days, Monday - Friday, for full-time positions
- Overtime hours possible as necessitated by business operations
- This non-exempt position works out of Jacobsen’s production facility in NE Portland, Oregon
- Production Leads and Distribution Manager
Starting hourly rate for this position is $16.50/hour. Benefits include paid time off and generous employee discount, as well as paid company holidays, eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days, and 401(k) after one year for full-time positions.
Jacobsen Salt Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the value that diversity brings to an organization. As a community, we are committed to creating a workplace where learning is a key principle. We look for collaborative and resourceful team players who believe in our mission to inspire people to cook, eat, and live well.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, and job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Warehouse Production & Fulfillment Associate. Multiple positions are available and listing will remain open until filled.