A tasty twist on a holiday classic. Our Steak Seasoning adds brightness to this hearty stuffing that features caramelized leeks and hunks of sourdough.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, more as needed for greasing pan
- 6 to 8 cups stale sourdough or white bread cut into bite-sized cubes
- ½ pound thick-cut bacon
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and sliced (3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 ½ teaspoons Jacobsen Co. Steak Seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon cracked Jacobsen Tellicherry Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 ¼ cups chicken stock, more as needed
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 375 F.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon strips until crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the pan. Add the leeks to the bacon fat and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Add celery, Steak Seasoning, black pepper and sage and cook 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until it evaporates, about 2 minutes.
Spoon the mixture over the dried bread. Stir in stock and parsley. The mixture should be moist and very soft. Crumble bacon and stir it in. Transfer the bread mixture to the prepared baking pan. Drizzle 3 tablespoons melted butter over the stuffing. Bake until golden, 35 to 45 minutes. Serve immediately.