Recipe by: Vilda Gonzalez
We're thrilled to partner with Fishwife on a delightful homemade tomato pasta sauce recipe, featuring their Cantabrian anchovies in EVOO and our Pure Kosher Sea Salt.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 to 6 Fishwife anchovy fillets, pour in all the extra virgin olive oil from the tin!
- 28-ounce can peeled tomatoes
- dash of smoked chili flakes
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Kosher Sea Salt
- fresh-ground black pepper
Break down the peeled tomatoes by squeezing with your hand and set aside. Drizzle the olive oil in a skillet, and turn the heat to medium. Wait a minute, then add the garlic, chili flakes and Fishwife anchovies. Stir! When the garlic sizzles and the anchovies break up, add in the crushed tomatoes.
Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture becomes saucy, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with JSC Pure Kosher Sea Salt, and serve with spaghetti. Grate a soft cloud of pecorino Romano cheese over each bowl and serve hot!